Learn how dividing leadership responsibilities in teams can motivate members to perform at their peak, commit to what they say they will do, and add to both personal and organizational success. You will also learn how to address obstacles in teams that hinder growth. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn leadership foundation building skills to use in your church, at work, in the community, and in your personal life.
Kathy M. Batchelor has a passion for providing people with the tools they need to succeed. Batchelor has a BA in psychology from Loma Linda University, La Sierra Campus, and an MA in organizational leadership from Chapman University. She is currently completing a doctoral degree in organizational leadership with an emphasis in organizational development through Grand Canyon University’s distance learning program. Batchelor has conducted leadership workshops and training throughout Northern California, and in her spare time she works on leadership materials for children. She is married to Wayne, and they have an adult daughter, Kristina.
- The Caterpillar's Syndrome: A Fresh New Look at Leadership - Maybe you've been to many leadership workshops or even too many leadership workshops and are wondering what will make this one different. In this session you will learn to see leadership in a different light and learn new fundamental leadership skills. Stop using leadership tactics that keep yeilding the same ineffective results, and start learning techniques that will enhance your role as a leader and a follower.
- Are You Kidding Me? The Unlikely Leadership Candidate - "... for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7). We will discuss Biblical leaders who were far from the cookie cutter leaders of today. Also, learn how someone you least expect to be a leader can be a leader.
- Getting to Know You, Me, and Them: Personality Types - Find out what type of leader you are, and how to can work with people who are different from you. Learn to appreciate differences, and discover how knowing your strengths and weaknesses can have a big impact on the success of your collective endeavors.
- Learn from the Geese: How Shared Leadership Really Works - The leader of today knows that she or he can't do it alone. Find out how shared leadership works and why it works best in the 21st century. Learn the F.A.C.T.S. about shared leadership and the proper way to distribute leadership as you deal with people from all walks of life.
- The El Pueblo Effect: How to Take Your Team from Good to Awesome - Ever wonder why people don't follow through on what they say they are going to do? Learn how to get people to perform at their peak, to engage them in what they say they will do, and keep them committed.
- What Works, What Doesn't? Dealing with Leadership Challenges - Challenges in leadership are inevitable. Learn motivational techniques, how to select the right person for the job, and how to deal with commitment issues and conflicting personalities. Also, learn what to do and what not to do when your plan fails.
Approximate Running Time
1 hour (average) each (6 parts)